User login

Sublet bedroom from June 1 – Oct. 1, 2011

4 replies [Last post]
vdao1972's picture

Posting this for a friend:

Furnished bedroom to sublet in an apartment right next to BKK market. The location is perfect - right in the middle of town between the Riverside area and the Russian market area.
The bedroom is beautifully furnished with a wardrobe, dresser, a/c, fan and bed.
The apartment has two common room areas, one indoor with a TV and free cable, and another outdoor open space area with more plants. You will have your own bathroom. There is also a kitchen with 3-stoves.
You will share the apartment with a young, professional Cambodian-American.
When: Sublet from June 1 – Oct. 1, 2011

Where: BKK I (in between street 380-392, right next to BKK market & Mama’s New York Deli- very convenient!)
Price: $200 (excluding electricity, water, fast speed internet and cleaning service)

Who: Contact Botum at 012-885-727 botumroath [dot] lebun [at] gmail [dot] com

roswellth's picture

"quote" Posting this for a friend:

Furnished bedroom to sublet in an apartment right next to BKK market. The location is perfect - right in the middle of town between the Riverside area and the Russian market area.
The bedroom is beautifully furnished with a wardrobe, dresser, a/c, fan and bed.
The apartment has two common room areas, one indoor with a TV and free cable, and another outdoor open space area with more plants. You will have your own bathroom. There is also a kitchen with 3-stoves.
You will share the apartment with a young, professional Cambodian-American.
When: Sublet from June 1 – Oct. 1, 2011

Where: BKK I (in between street 380-392, right next to BKK market & Mama’s New York Deli- very convenient!)
Price: $200 (excluding electricity, water, fast speed internet and cleaning service)

Who: Contact Botum at 012-885-727 botumroath [dot] lebun [at] gmail [dot] com "quote"

Warning:

I'm staying in a guesthouse right now, having been asked to leave this apartment very harshly on about 48 hours' notice.

Botum is generally a nice, smart person, and we had a nice time living with her for about 4 months. Last week we were all in a complicated situation since she had just unexpectedly arrived back in the country, needed a place to stay, and had sublet out both rooms in her apartment. We tried to be accommodating, but Botum, occupying the living room, got hostile really quickly. Last Friday night she sent us a curt e-mail telling us to get out by Sunday at 5pm. She refused to even talk to us in person after. Sunday evening, once we'd left, she asked the other subletter to switch bedrooms; the other subletter declined and got kicked out, too, but only on about 3 hours' notice.

Cambodian real estate can get ugly; I'd strongly advise against dealing with this person.

vvero's picture

Attention potential roommates - I used to live here and while it is a lovely house, the environment is anything but. If you are after a drama-free living environment, this is DEFINITELY not the place for you (my other roommates and I were kicked out with 32 and 3 (!!!!) hours notice respectively. You've been warned!

vdao1972's picture

Thought it was a bit wierd that she asked me to post it up. Will ask Anthony to remove it.

Expat Admin's picture

Dear Vinh,
We feel that this posting should stay as a warning to other potential tenants to avoid this sublet.

Ending up on the street with 24hrs notice is NOT deserved by anyone. We think that the polite reply (and we have confirmed one story) warrants leaving this post online so as to help others avoid ending up “being evicted“ with such short notice.

Regards
EAS Admin

affiliates

Whats on! See our help pages - add your own events

This location does not have any events. Why not add one here!

Forum